Monday, September 29, 2008

New work...

I usually work on my pencils in the evenings, so they take me a while to get done. This is a rancher from South Dakota that I photographed during a cattle drive. This horse's eyes never left the cows or strayed from the job at hand. You can't put a price on a horse like that.
This is a commission that I finished last week. This birdhouse is in a neighbor's yard and I have wanted to paint it for some time. I loved placing the yellows in contrast to each other. I call this one House Hunting. It is oil on canvas.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess I should stop being amazed at your work - but that is probably not going to happen. The colors and composition of this piece took my breath away - again. Great work!

John said...

Vicki,
Sorry to hear about your horse. Just wanted to let you know that I love the latest works.