Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving weekend

This is probably my favorite time of the year. That "tweener" time from Thanksgiving to Christmas...so many possibilities! John and I stayed home this year and did not leave the house. I did all my shopping a week in advance so we were set. (I do have to admit to a serious lack of fried onions for the green bean casserole though...they just kept calling to me)
Then we go to Goldeman's tree farm and hunt down the perfect tree, kill it, and then dress it right in our living room. It is four days of laughter for John and me, and giving thanks for all that we have. I hope that you have had a wonderful weekend too.

John cooked the perfect bird this year. He is very proud as you can see...
John tracks and finds the perfect tree and then cuts it down in it's prime...
He then bags it, and latches it to our car. He is truly the great hunter.
Next, it is a horse drawn carriage ride to get hot chocolate and cider. It is almost too idyllic!
We hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend too!

No comments: