Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Thank you so much!

In my house growing up, birthdays were a big deal. We would celebrate for days and end the week with a big BBQ. I can't say that it is any different now that I am a grown up. This year was one of the best I have ever had. We all gathered at a friend's house and had a good old fashioned Irish wake for my 44th year. We ate, drank and exchanged limericks until the wee hours. I don't remember when I have ever laughed so hard.
Also, I was overwhelmed by all the wonderful cards, emails and calls I received this past week. It makes me remember how blessed I am with the wonderful friends that I have. Thank you for making my life so rich.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a wonderful time. I'll bet impromptu (or were they rehearsed...??? **snicker**) limerick exchanges are really fun - and interesting! I miss big birthday bashes. A large group of friends in Casper used to REALLY DO birthdays. On my 34th b-day, I got a Barbie cake - I mean a whopper! I should drop them a line and let them know (now that they're having 50th b-days instead of 35th ones - yikes!) about the limerick tag as a theme. It's a very mature approach! (That's what it's called once you round about 42 - "mature" - ha!) One of them has quite the leprechaun voice - I'm sure he could get the party started, especially with a few wee nips o' the Crown under his belt... :-)