Wednesday, June 29, 2005

SKB Workshop








Every year, I attend a workshop by the name of the Susan K Black Workshop. Named after an extraordinary artist and woman who passed much too soon. Luckily, her legacy is carried on by those who loved her and is passed on to those of us who are hungry to learn. The teachers are extaordinary, and the attendees are also. I count myself lucky to be included among these amazing people and their talent. Inspiration for us all comes from many different sources, mine from the simple things around me and the amazing talent of the artists around me. I can't wait to share with my friends and collectors all that I have learned in those amazing days that I was in Dubois, WY! Photos from the top to bottom are: Wanda Mumm, Lee Cable, John Seerey-Lester, Carol Grende, Heiner Hertling (You know who you are!), and John Banovich. On the last day of the workshop, the instructors did what is called a 'quick draw". This is an excercise in which the artists are given 1 hour to paint a picture which is then auctioned off. This even raised over 4,ooo dollars for the Susan K Black foundation which supports the arts. I think all these artists deserve a hand for the pressure that they are put under to produce a finished piece of art and then suffer an auction on top of it all!!!! Maybe someday, I will have the guts!

No comments: