Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Norman Rockwell and Me

I have met a lot of celebrities in my day, but the one that I am most excited about (and remember almost nothing about) is the great illustrator, Norman Rockwell. That is me, in white at about 7 years old. My brothers Brian and Chuck behind, and my mom. Later that day, My mother and I posed for a painting for an insurance company. I remember his studio being huge, but then again, I was very small. He was very patient, and I was a bit fidgety. I remember he had a soft voice and humble way about him. I did make him laugh though and he taught me a new word...you will have to ask me about it someday when we are together.
I have more pictures of that day around this place somewhere, so when I gather them together, I will post them.
Visit his website at www.nrm.org.

1 comment:

Carel Brest van Kempen said...

Wow! I'm impressed! So am I to understand that Rockwell painted your portrait?! That's so cool. Do you have a reproduction of that insurance ad? Richard Sloan has an old portrait of himself that Rockwell painted.