Friday, April 20, 2012


I recently went to an antique store here in Elk River, and found many little amazing treasures tucked in corners. When I find myself in a slump for ideas, I go to all different places for inspiration. This amazing place is three stories and filled with all kinds of things. I saw this cabinet full of tea cups and this painting came to my mind. It was a LOT of work, but I had a great time doing it. The peonies are from my garden from last year, I can grow mold, but not much else. But, I do have a green thumb with my peonies, mostly because the more you leave them alone, the better they do.
This is Tea Time,  12x18, Oil on board.

1 comment:

Louvregirl said...

What a lovely painting, indeed. It must have been a challenge to paint the little hankie with flowers! Wonderful!