Saturday, May 30, 2015

I decided that it was time for me to get a creative outlet other than the art. When I was in college I used to go to the piano practice rooms, bribe the security guy (I was not a music major) and play until the wee hours of the night. Mind you...I don't know how to play, but faked my way through it. So I decided on a whim to pull up craiglist and look at baby grand pianos. I found about 8 to look at, 4 were snatched up before I could get there, and that led me to Encinitas. I found my piano, and now I am happier than I can even tell you. I have no idea what I am going to do with it, how I am going to learn how to play, but I am going to recapture that feeling I had playing into the middle of the night at NEO junior college when the world looked so bleak all I had was my tattered music book and time in a 10x10 room. I can't wait.

So in celebration of my new baby...here is my favorite Billy Joel song...

No comments: