Thursday, February 24, 2011

Untitled WIP

The current painting on the table. I photographed Amber in South Dakota while she was ponying three horses across the Cheyenne River. This is a departure for me, I am not really comfortable doing people, but this had an intimacy that I really liked. Amber is an amazing horsewoman and one of the best riders I have ever seen. Here, she is looking back to make sure everyone is onboard and ready to go into the water. I hope to finish this up today or tomorrow, but it has a ways to go.
I am still struggling with the hand injury, so I listen to the pain to tell me when to stop. This is not an easy thing to do when deadlines loom. I will post the final when it is done. Now I just have to come up with a title.

1 comment:

Patty Carey said...

Beautiful, as always.