Sunday, October 30, 2011

Early Snow





In light of recent events on the east coast, I decided to name this painting, Early Snow. It still has a long way to go, but I photographed this black horse about 7 years ago and always thought that he would be even more beautiful with a coat of snowflakes on his mane and back.

At this point I am just blocking in the colors and adding blues, purples, and blacks to build an underpainting. It is a small painting, 10x10ish, so it should not take me too long.

I have been swamped with work and getting ready for my upcoming show. My husband has been on the road a lot so the chores and pets have been my responsibility. I apologize to my friends that have called and I have not got back to. I promise I will get myself caught up and then get caught up with emails and phone calls.

Happy Halloween!!!!

No comments: