Thursday, December 08, 2011

Giving back...

There are times that we shine. There are times that we fail. Then there are times that we can give back. I was once asked by an artist, "How can you give up your secrets?", my response was "How can I not?"
I did not stumble onto this profession by accident. I called every artist I admired, I mailed every artist I did not have a phone number for, I emailed every artist I admired and asked them, how do you do it???? They are in every painting that I have ever painted. I would never think to keep what I have learned to myself, if I can help you, I will. I am here for you, new artist. Ask me and I will help you in any way that I can.

This video is a perfect example of how we can reach out to each other and change a life. What can be better than that???? Change a life, that is perfection. God gives us gifts, to keep our light hidden is a slap in the face of that gift.

Give up your ego, encourage that young talent...even if you know that they will plow you under as Mr. Buble says.

6 comments:

Linda Besse said...

Thank you SO much for sharing this!

B Lancton said...

You summed it up perfectly with, "God gives us gifts, to keep our light hidden is a slap in the face of that gift."

Thanks for an excellent post.

Robert Louis Caldwell said...

Great post Viki! We should all share, it makes for a better world!

Robert Louis Caldwell said...

Just watched the video.... That is great!

Linda Besse said...

By the way, if you ever question whether you have given enough back, don't worry. You have. You are one of the most selfless and generous artists I know. Thank you for all you have given me in making me a better artist... and person.

naturegirl said...

Thank you so much. I am glad you liked the post.
And Linda, thank you. That made my day.