Friday, December 09, 2011

Pardon me for my soap box...

I do not like to get political on my blog, in fact, I don't like to get political or preachy at all. But a recent conversation with a friend reminded me of how we have forgotten the power of gratitude. In an age where we text and don't talk, email and don't phone, where the post office is losing it's battle because no one can use a stamp...I am reminded that we have precious few privileges on this planet, and the ones that we do have, we take advantage of. It is not I pads, or I phones, or new cars, it is that we have each other. Do not send me a gift for Christmas that you put no thought into. I would rather you sponsor a hungry child, do an hour of public service, rescue an abandoned dog...or simply give thanks for all that we have. Wake up every morning and say thank you to who ever, or what ever you believe in, and spread the word.
I am weary of the everyday issues of society. I don't care who you sleep with, or eat with, or what kind of car you drive, or who you support politically. Just care for each other and the rest will fall into place.
Imagine a world where we think of others before we think of ourselves. How powerful would that be?

No comments: