Friday, August 16, 2013

I don't need to tell you how happy I am in my new home. It is pretty obvious by the stupid grin I wear 24/7. There is so much diversity here in Ramona, and it stretches from the mundane to exciting.
John and I trailer our horses out every weekend to a local trail and enjoy our Sunday mornings on horseback. On the way there we see the remnants of a herd of wild horses that are being cared for by the community. Just seeing them out there is a sight to behold. However, their future is in jeopardy. As an artist there is only so much I can do to help.
Starting next week, I am going to start posting WIP's (work in progress) of a painting of one of the spectacular mares of this herd. She is known for her unusual color, an apricot dun. Proud and free, she represents to me the very thing I love most about horses. When the painting is done, I am auctioning it off to the highest bidder. 100% of the proceeds will go to the organization who manages the Heritage Herd. It will be used for hay, vet bills, legal fees to keep the land they are on. This is a purely volunteer organization and no one is payed. The money will not go to anyone's salary but directly to the horse's needs.
Please consider bidding on the painting if you like it, I assure you that the money is going to a great cause.
The following post is an article about the herd and the history behind them:

No comments: